On today’s show, we have a conversation about his story. Brett has experienced some amazing things in his life and we only touch the surface in this interview. He shares about his journey with music, being diagnosed and almost dying from cancer, and the healing journey that brought him to where he is now. Brett’s an amazing guy and I’m stoked that he came on the show. He’s also a good friend and brother and he’s helped me heal in more ways than one.
Some of the things we talk about are:
- How Brett and I met and some of our adventures
- His initial love and passion for music from a young age
- Brett’s battle with cancer and trying to heal with Western medicine
- How ceremony saved his life and brought his family together
- The things that inspired him to go to college and become a scientist
- The difference between responsibilities and relationships
- The awesomeness of birds and the holistic nature of change
- Life isn’t just about ourselves, it’s about the bigger picture
- Family has the power to bring us together, even with different worldviews
- Linear vs cyclical perspectives and change through paradigm shifts
- How worldview influences individual and social perceptions of science
Links & Resources:
Blood Struggle by Charles Wilkinson
Like this show? Leave us a review here… even one sentence helps! And if you leave your Twitter handle we’ll be sure to thank you personally!
Ethnobotany can be looked at in different ways. On one hand, it describes the people-plant relationships that Indigenous cultures have always relied on. And...
Here's another excerpt from the live-stream event we did at the AISES National Conference on October 6th. This is an interview with Ronin Ruerup...
On today's episode, we took a different approach to this big topic and worked with Selina Kenmille, her son Leighton Wise Spirit, and Heather...